Moving to Canada has made us realise that snowfall doesn't stop anyone from being outdoors here. Sports like skiing, snowboarding, and ice hockey (or, just 'hockey' in Canada) are not only possible due to the profusion of snow, but thoroughly enjoyable too!
Here are a few outdoor activities for you to try out this winter:
- Family Open Skate: Mark your calendars for this wonderful afternoon because there will be tons of family and community entertainment. This community event is FREE. Donations in cash are accepted at the door to assist the Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice's services and initiatives.
When - Sun, Jan 29, 6:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Where - FirstOntario Centre, 101 York Blvd, Hamilton, ON
- Skiing and Snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia: Located in the coastal mountains of British Columbia, this resort offers over 8,100 skiable acres, 37 lifts, and 16 alpine bowls. It is considered one of the top ski resorts in North America.
When - Jan 23, 5:45 pm –9:00 p.m
Where - 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC
- Paint Nite: All the materials are provided for this event, so all you'll need for a great evening is yourself, your imagination, and a beverage in your hand. The ticket includes materials for painting. When - Sat, Jan 21, 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Where - Monaghan's Sports Pub & Grill, 1289 Marlborough Ct, Oakville, ON
- Rendez-Vous Polaires Snow Park (South Shore): Cross-country skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, riding fat-bikes, tobogganing, and other family-friendly winter sports are available. On certain dates, special events will include skating lessons, bumper cars on the ice, and inflatable games.
When - Mon, Jan 30, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Where - RécréoParc, 5340 Bd Marie-Victorin, Sainte-Catherine, QC
- Fred Cameron Memorial Canmore Trip: Nordic and/or Alpine skiing for three and a half days in various Rocky Mountain locations. The cost of the vacation includes a Friday night group meal at the Canmore Legion Hall. Accommodations at Canmore's Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge.
When - Thu, Jan 26, 11:00 a.m.–Mon, Jan 30, 9:30 p.m. MST
Where - Canmore, AB
Which Canadian winter sport is your favourite? Share with us in the comment section! Happy snow season!